3 Websites To Buy Authentic Anime Figures
Collecting anime figures has long been a hobby for anime fans. Since then, the Figure model production market has also become diverse to serve the collecting needs of true Otaku. However, as a result, many organizations have produced fake anime figures or have plagiarized anime figures based on the idea of an authentic product. For beginner collectors, it can be difficult to tell the difference between real and fake anime figure products. There are many cases where "newbies" in figure collecting have bought the wrong product (fake figures). To help people have more experience buying authentic anime figures, this article Japan-Figure will provide some tips when choosing anime figures and the top 3 websites that sell authentic anime figures.
>> Read more: Demon Slayer figure: The best-seller in 2022
WHAT ARE ANIME FIGURES?
Figures, in general, are a culture, a long-standing hobby of many people. The first Japanese figures had made of clay, bones or logs. Due to technological advances, more modern materials such as PVC are used to create figures today. However, this is also a culture that is loved by many.
An anime figure is a 3D representation of a character from an anime series. Figures are usually characters from anime or manga series that normally have little to no fan following. These figures form a separate category of merchandise, produced by a wide variety of companies, licensed or not, in various styles from sophisticated to simple.
SOME BASIC ANIME FIGURE TYPES ON THE MARKET
In the anime figure market today, there are four main types of figures:
- PVC anime figure: PVC anime figure is the most basic type of anime manga figure, made from PVC. The size of PVC figures is usually 1/6 or 1/8 of the real thing. When purchasing a PVC figure, collectors can take it out of the box and display it as a stationary figure.
- Figma: Figma is a figure that possesses round plastic joints in the arms and legs so that the user can pose for the character. Compared to the PVC figure version, the Figma is less monotonous, however, the Figma does not look as realistic as the PVC figure.
- Nendoroid: This is the most interesting of all figures, as it is a miniature Figma in a cute chibi style. The features of the Nendoroid series are characters that usually have a large head, a small body, a face that can change many emotions. They also have replacement parts for hair, legs, arms, weapons, etc. Nendoroids are very popular with children. They love it for its cuteness.
- Revoltech: Revoltech is a series of anime figures similar to Figma but with a rougher texture and much lower quality. The price of Revoltech is lower than the rest, which is why so many people choose it.
>> Read more: Basic types of anime figures for real fans
PROS AND CONS AUTHENTIC AND FAKE ANIME FIGURES
Authentic anime figures
Authentic anime figures are produced only by licensed production companies or by reputable companies in the anime merchandise industry. These products do have some features that can be perceived as cons by their customers.
- Pros: Authentic anime figures are usually of better quality than imitations. The details on authentic products are also processed more delicately and sharply. Especially in some PVC figures with many small details like hair, eyes, flames, etc., it requires elaborate visualization to bring the most realistic feeling to the owner. These products are also highly durable, less susceptible to damage if cared for carefully, and their colours are not easily faded. The components that make up a authentic figure are additionally less harmful to the user. In short, you want to create a feeling of "pride" for the owner of an anime figure that is unique and authentic.
- Cons: The only downside for collectors is that the price of a real anime figure is quite expensive. It is not necessarily a defect in the original figures. However, many anime figure collectors have had to opt for fake figures because they cannot afford a authentic product. However, Japan-Figure believes "You get what you pay for". Therefore, you can consider saving a bit to own a authentic product.
Fake anime figures
Imitation anime figures are figures produced to mimic the appearance of authentic anime figures. These products are of lower quality than the authentic ones, so the price is also lower. Here are the pros and cons of a fake anime figure.
- Pros: The only advantage of a fake anime figure is that it has sold at a very low price. Since then, counterfeit products are easily accessible to customers who are first-time collectors. This product is also suitable for young people who do not have enough financial capacity to buy a authentic product.
- Cons: To reduce product prices, the manufacturers of fake anime figures have cut production costs. Therefore, a fake product is often of much lower quality than a authentic product. The most recognizable features of the product are the small details such as eyes, nose, hair, fingers, toes. These details are often rough and less aesthetic than authentic goods. The joints of the vast majority of fake figures are very loose, making it difficult for the owner to clean the product. Besides, the durability of the product is low. And that special feature is the raw materials used to produce the product. Some manufacturers use poor quality ingredients that can affect the health of consumers.
HOW TO DISTINGUISH AUTHENTIC AND FAKE ANIME FIGURES
For a new collector or not yet experienced enough in collecting anime figures, the following factors can be relied on to choose a authentic product:
Not only for anime figures, when buying any product you should still choose reputable brands to reduce the possibility of buying fakes. A variety of anime figure companies offer figures today, such as Good Smile Company, Max Factory, Alter, Kotobukiya, Phat Company, Bandai, and more. Products from these companies are often printed with the manufacturer's name on the packaging. Don't be confused that the packaging of an anime figure that says "made in China" is not authentic. Most of the famous manufacturers' factories are located in China. Therefore, this is a completely normal thing. The point to note is that the brand names printed on the packaging must be sharp enough and in the right position.
How to pack the box
Authentic Japanese anime figure products are always packaged very discreetly. Despite its small size, the lining paper is carefully packed. In addition, the latest Japanese anime figure products on the box will not have a stamp, so buyers need to be vigilant when purchasing.
The material of authentic anime figures is usually PVC and ABS, also known as durable and flexible plastic. Details such as swords, guns, bows and arrows are often made of durable plastic to ensure the structure of the detail. Flexible plastic for shaping thin parts such as clothes, hair, necklaces and other accessories.
Anime figure product details
The small details of the product are the factors that help you distinguish the authentic anime figure from the fake one. If you are a person who regularly studies anime characters, you will easily notice if the figure of that character is different. These spots are often difficult to discern, but not impossible.
A authentic anime figure product will come with a variety of accessories such as hairpins, pets, masks, etc. Fakes will often leave out this detail to save production costs.
Authentic anime figure products often have very reasonable paint mixing ratios and strictly controlled NAF ratios. Counterfeit products often have less reflectivity than authentic products. Because the paint mixing ratio is not the same as the real product, the finished product typically has a different colour from the character in the anime.
Anime figure release date
Many popular brands will often set specific release dates for anime figures. Usually, companies will take pre-orders and will launch on the scheduled date. There are hardly any cases in which anime figures have sold before the product's release date.
3 WEBSITES TO BUY AUTHENTIC ANIME FIGURES
AmiAmi is a website that provides authentic anime figures from brands from small to large. When products are released or announced in the media, they will be updated on the website for you to pre-order.
Here is a website specializing in video games from Japan. Besides, there is also a place that provides authentic anime figures that you can shop with peace of mind. The products sold on Solaris Japan are not just from the latest anime but also classic anime.
Japan-Figure is a website specializing in anime merchandise, especially anime figures from Japan. Products are constantly updated to serve the shopping and collecting needs of consumers. Besides, the website also provides other anime merchandise to help you find and shop for the right product.
>> Read more: Top 7 Coolest Pokémon TCG Picked By Japan-figure
Japan Figure provides authentic figures manufactured in Japan.